Tuesday, March 22, 2016

How to Add Freckles to Your American Girls - A Tutorial

Hi everyone!
I am here with a how-to on adding freckles to your dolls.:) Let's get to it!
What You'll Need:
A damp washcloth (make sure it's not at all wet, but only a little moist.:))
A brown marker (I am using a washable marker, so that I can take the freckles off at the end.:D)
A doll 
(I would also recommend a hairbow so you can keep your doll's hair out of her face.)
Using a washable marker will mean that these freckles can be temporary, but if you want these to be permanent, use one that isn't washable.:) 
I started dotting Molly's cheek, trying to vary the spot size to make it look more realistic. 
Next, I dabbed the barely wet washcloth on the freckles to fade them and make them look more natural and not so pronounced. I like to use the corner of the washcloth so that I can be more precise with which freckles I want to fade, although I fade all of them. Be careful not to wipe the washcloth against her or else the freckles will smear or completely come off.:) 
This is what the freckles look like once they are gently dabbed. 
I finished the rest of that cheek doing the same thing. 
This is what she looks like when it is all finished. Don't worry if your freckles don't turn out the way you want them the first time, it will take a few tries to get it right.:) When I did these to Caroline, it took me around three or four times before I was satisfied.:) 

Then I just wiped the freckles off! Molly is back to being freckle-less.;) 
***
I hope you liked the tutorial and I hope you try it! I love customizing my dolls like that.:) If you have any questions, feel free to ask!:D
-Emma-
Bonus Pictures-



11 comments:

  1. Good job! they look really realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! Molly would look cute with freckles. :)
    My Molly: No! Don't get any ideas about drawing on my face!
    LOL! :P
    ~Madi~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Madi! I've always wanted to see her with freckles, that's why I chose her!:D LOL! Silly Molly!;D
      -Emma-

      Delete
  3. This is cool! I gave freckles to my doll Maria with watercolor paint :D
    ~Lilah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I never thought of adding freckles to a doll.
    -Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tutorial Emma! Both of my dolls have freckles, so maybe I could use one of my sister's dolls... :)
    <3 , IrishAG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I will try this on my little Seraphina..she'd look amazing with freckles! And Molly looks too darn cute with them. ;)

    <3 maplelea <3

    ReplyDelete